- 1kg Strawberries
- 1kg Jam sugar
- juice of a lemon
- Place the strawberries in a large saucepan or preserving pan.
- Cook the strawberries very gently over a low heat for 15 minutes until the strawberries have softened and the juices run.
- Add the jam sugar and stir over a low heat until dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and bring to the boil.
- Boil rapidly until setting point is reached – about 10 minutes
- When the jam has reached setting point, take the pan off the heat and remove any scum from the surface.
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes, stir gently then spoon into clean warm jam jars. cover and seal when warm, label when cold.