Serves – 6
- 375g Puff Pastry Sheet
- 100g Cheese (cheddar or red leicester) grated.
- 100g Pork Sausage meat or 3 sausages sliced.
- 415g can of baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 beaten egg (to glaze)
- a little milk
- 2 tomatoes (sliced into 12)
- Preheat oven to 190C Gas mark 5
- Heat baked beans in a saucepan until sauce has thickened and stodgy. Allow to cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut into 2 lengthways and then cut each strip into 3 equal rectangles, creating 6 in total.
- Spoon equal amounts of baked beans onto one half of each rectangle leaving 1cm around the edges.
- Divide sliced sausage meat and cheese between the pastries and top with a couple of slices of tomato.
- Add a little milk to the beaten egg and using a pastry brush wash around the edges of the pastry sections.
- Fold over pastry and seal around edges with a fork.
- Prick top of slices with a fork and brush over with beaten egg to glaze.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes and serve.