This is a quick recipe as theres no weighing of ingredients. Everything is in cups and teaspoons.
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh is best)
- 3 cups plain flour – sieved
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g bag of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- in another bowl mix the eggs and both sugars together. Add in the oil, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold to combine.
- Add the white chocolate chips and raspberries and fold to combine.
- Spoon into 8 muffin cases in a muffin cake tray.
- Sprinkle a little granulated sugar onto the top of each muffin.
- Place into oven and cook for 5 minutes to crystallise the sugar, then turn down heat to 190c fan assisted and bake for another 20 mins, until skewer comes out clean of cake sponge.
- Best served warm with a dollop of ice cream or simply a cup of tea.