I wanted to try more recipes using Pumpkin Puree and wanted to see if it could be used in muffins. It seems to work well and gives a moist muffin which is lovely when eaten warm with some fresh cream.
- 90g plain flour
- 55g unsalted butter – melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (could use golden if preferred)
- 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 250g plain flour – sieved
- 110g unsalted butter – room temp
- 60g granulated sugar
- 60g soft light brown sugar
- 200g pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Firstly make the crumble topping but mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl until a breadcrumb looking mixture develops. Place to the side.
- In a large bowl, cream together the soft butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Add the eggs, vanilla essence, pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
- Sieve the flour, bicarb and baking powder into the wet mixture. Add the pumpkin spice and mix well.
- Spoon into 12 muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Top with a heaped spoonful of crumble topping.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with cream and a dusting of cinnamon.