This is a large cake requiring a 22cm loose bottom springform cake tin and about 12 hungry people.
- 175g unsalted butter – soft
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 225g self raising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large plums (or 6 victoria plums) stoned and thickly sliced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 80g ground almonds
- 80g soured cream
- 225g pkt crumble mix
- Custard or cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Line the base of a 22cm springform tin with parchment paper
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients except the plums and crumble mix.
- Whisk using an electric mixer for about 4-5 minutes until all ingredients are combined. (mix will look a little lumpy but this is the almond)
- Carefully spoon mixture into the cake tin and level using back of spoon. Tap tin onto work surface to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the plum onto the cake mixture with skin sides down.
- Sprinkle over the crumble mixture
- Cook for 55mins – 1hr 10mins, until skewer come out clean from centre of cake.
- Leave to cool in tin for 15minutes before removing and placing on cooling rack.
- Serve with custard, cream or ice cream whilst still warm.