- 280g Plain Flour
- 225g Soft unsalted butter
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225g Peach yoghurt (or yoghurt flavour of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- pinch salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Icing sugar
- few drops water
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 170C fan assisted
- Grease a bundt tin
- Sieve the flour and bicarbonate soda and pinch of salt. Stir and put aside.
- in a large bowl, cream the soft butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (approx 5 mins by hand or 2 minutes with electric mixer)
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring mixture each time.
- Mix in the zest of one lemon and the vanilla essence
- Add half of the flour and beat until combined.
- Add half of the yoghurt and beat until combined.
- Add remaining flour and beat until combined.
- Add remaining yoghurt and beat until combined
- Spoon into bundt tip and level mixture. Tap tin onto work surface to release any air pockets.
- Place into oven and cook for 45-55 minutes ensuring skewer test comes out clean.
- Remove from oven but leave in tin for 10 minutes to cool slightly before placing onto cooling tray.
- Once cool, mix sieved icing sugar with a little water and drizzle over cake. Add chocolate sprinkles. Alternatively, decorate with fresh fruits and whipped cream to compliment your choice of yoghurt.