Neighbours gave me a box of apples from their garden. So I have been thinking of recipes to use them in.
- 800g parsnips – topped, tailed and chopped
- 2 onions – chopped
- 3 dessert apples – peeled, cored and sliced.
- 1L vegetable stock
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp bramley apple sauce
- unsalted butter for frying
- Melt butter in a pan and add in chopped parsnips and onions. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add sliced apples. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add hot vegetable stock and curry powder and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes until parsnips are soft.
- Stir in coriander.
- Blitz in a food processor (in batches). Put back into saucepan over a low heat and add the apple sauce and simmer another minute.