Serves – 4
- 24 small beef meatballs
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g mushrooms – sliced
- 1 x 500g jar tomato and basil meatball sauce (or your choice)
- 400g potato gnocchi pasta
- 50g rosemary and sea salt focaccia (cut into small chunks)
- 125g mozzarella cheese ball (sliced)
- Few basil leaves
- Place meatballs into an oven dish and bake at 190C for 15 mins. Remove and discard fat.
- Cooked gnocchi in boiling water as per makers instructions.
- Gently fry some sliced mushrooms until soft, do not over cook.
- into the frying pan add the meatball sauce and the chopped tomatoes. Cook until simmering.
- Remove meatballs from oven and add the sauce mixture and drained gnocchi.
- Return to the oven for another 15-20 mins until sauce starts to reduce.
- Add the sliced mozzarella and bake for a further 5 mins until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle on the chopped focaccia and basil leaves and continue to back until bread starts to turn golden on the edges.