This is my take on a chocolate pizza dessert. I have not found one on the internet yet, so maybe this is a new invention!
The pizza base can be a little difficult as it rises quite easily as it is cooked without toppings to weigh it down. If making with your young children then I suggest you buy ready made pizza bases instead.
Makes 1 20cm pizza (6 slices)
- 1 packet of pizza base mix (145g)
- 100g chocolate spread – I used normal but you could use Nutella.
- Approx 25g mini marshmallows
- 1 x 93g bag of Maltesers – 1/3 crushed, 2/3 halved.
- Mix pizza base to manufacturers instructions.
- Roll out to 20cm dia and make knuckle imprints. Baste with melted butter to help prevent dough from rising and creating air pockets. Cook to manufacturers instructions but keep checking dough has not risen.
- Once pizza base starts to turn golden brown remove from oven and leave to cool a little (dont let it get cold as you need to spread chocolate).
- Spread over the chocolate spread until smooth (the warm dough will help).
- Sprinkle over the crushed maltesers.
- Add the mini marshmallows.
- Add the maltesers halves and leave to cool.
- Serve with ice cream.