SERVES 2 (as a main meal)
- 225g Linguine pasta (fresh or dried)
- 600g Large raw peeled prawns
- 170g parmesan cheese – finely grated
- 1/2 red pepper – diced
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 100g butter
- 120g Baby Spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- Bring to the boil a saucepan of water and a pinch of salt, add the linguine pasta. Stir occasionally. Cook for approx 10 mins.
- Once pasta is cooked, remove from heat and drain. Place pasta to one side.
- In a frying pan heat olive oil and 20g butter adding crushed garlic cloves and fry gently.
- Stir in prawns and cook until pink.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the oregano and the baby spinach leaves. Stir for one minutes until leaves start to wilt.
- Add balance of 80g butter and stir until butter starts to bubble.
- Mix in the cooked linguine.
- Add grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and the zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Toss until all pasta is coated.
- Serve in a warm bowl with some garlic bread as a side.