Serves – 4
- 4 crushed digestive biscuits
- 4 mini meringues
- 70g pack of lemon pie filling mix
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 280ml water
- whipped cream
- zest of lemon
- Into a saucepan, mix together contents of the lemon pie filling, egg yolk and 280ml water. Cook on a low heat, stirring continuously until mixture starts to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for another minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
- Place one crushed digestive biscuit into base of one shot glass, press down (using tip of wooden spoon handle).
- Spoon in lemon filling to within 1cm of shot glass rim. Chill in fridge for 30mins.
- Add a teaspoon on whipped cream onto lemon, grate with lemon zest and top with meringue. Serve.