I’ve made a witchy looking soup for Halloween. I’ve also created a spider made using my Pizza Dough Ball recipe, adding legs and a head. The spider can be torn apart and used to dip into the soup. Great fun for kids to make and eat.
- 500g frozen peas
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 1 celery stick – chopped
- 1 large leek – chopped
- 1L vegetable stock
- pinch salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Pizza Dough Balls (for spiders) – optional
- Into a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the chopped onion, celery and leek. Cook for a few minutes until veg softens slightly. Do not let the veg turn brown as it will affect the colour of the soup.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the peas. Season to taste.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10mins until peas are soft but still bright green in colour.
- Set aside to cool a little before adding in batches to a food blender and blitzing.
- Add back into pan just before serving to make sure soup is hot.
- Serve with fresh mint (optional) and my dough ball spiders