NB – This mixture needs to be made the night before and chilled in a fridge before cooking.
- 125g crunchy peanut butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- 120g plain flour – sieved
- 57g unsalted butter – softened
- 1 medium egg – beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- Cream the peanut butter, butter and the sugar with an electric whisk until light and creamy.
- Add the beaten egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, and chocolate chips.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine using a wooden spoon.
- Make into a large ball and cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight (minimum 8hrs).
- Preheat oven to 180c fan.
- Line baking sheets (2) with parchment paper.
- Divide mixture into 12 equal balls.
- Place each ball onto the baking sheets and using a floured fork flatten the ball into biscuit shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.