- 150g plain flour – seived
- 110g unsalted butter – at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 1 medium egg – beaten
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180C
- in a bowl mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and pinch of salt.
- In another bowl cream the butter with the caster and brown sugars until smooth.
- Add to the butter mixture the egg and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add a 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and whisk. Add another 1/3 and whisk. Add last 1/3 and whisk.
- Add the coconut and mix well.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of cookie mixture onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Mixture will spread so leave enough room between dollops. I got 6 per baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 8-10mins until golden brown.
- Remove from oven but leave on baking tray to cool a little as cookies are still very soft at this stage.
- Transfer to cooling rack.