- 125g Soft unsalted butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 150ml coconut milk
- 50g desiccated coconut
- Zest and juice of 3 limes
- 100g condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 160C fan assisted, 180C non fan
- In a large bowl mix together the soft butter and caster sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Grate in the zest of 2 limes.
- Add the 4 eggs, one at a time combining with butter mixture every time.
- In a separate bowl sieve the flour and add the desiccated coconut.
- Add half of the flour and desiccated coconut dry mixture to the butter and egg mixture, folding carefully until combined.
- Add the coconut milk and stir gently.
- Fold in remaining flour mixture until combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased or lined 2lb loaf tin.
- place in oven and cook for 45-50 minutes until skewer test comes out clean.
- Remove from oven but keep in tin.
- Poke cake with a skewer several times and drizzle with the juice of 2 limes. Leave cake in tin until cooled.
- Meanwhile prepare the icing by combining 100g condensed milk with juice from 1 lime and whisk until thickens slightly.
- Spoon into an icing bag and put in fridge until cake cooled.
- Pipe over cake and sprinkle with lime zest.