Makes 12 (dessert portions) or 30+ bitesize
- 400g caster sugar
- 225g non salted butter – melted
- 60g cocoa
- 4 eggs – beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 225g plain flour – sieved
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- approx 70g white chocolate chips (or nuts, raisons)
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Into a large bowl mix the caster sugar and melted butter.
- Add the cocoa powder and beat.
- Add eggs a little at a time and beat, then add the vanilla essence.
- Add the sieved flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips (or your own preference) and stir.
- Grease or line with baking parchment a baking tray measuring 23cm x 33cm x 2.5cm.
- Spoon in mixture ensuring level. Tap gently onto work surface to release air pockets.
- Place in oven for approx 20-25 mins. Brownies are supposed to be moist so skewer needs to come out slightly coated in crumbled mixture, a clean skewer means brownies are overcooked.
- Remove from heat and baking tray and place onto a cooling tray unless wanting to serve warm.
- Cut equally into squares.