Makes – 18 large cookies
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 170g butter (melted)
- 200g brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 200g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Sieve flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar.
- Beat together the eggs and vanilla and add to the melted butter and sugar mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a baking try with Baking parchment.
- Spoon 18 off 1 tbsp mixture into a heap on baking sheet (DO NOT PAT DOWN) (leave 5 cm between each heap)
- Bake in oven for 12 – 15 minutes or until edges turn golden.
- Cool on a baking tray.