- 4 freshly cooked and peeled beetroots
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp clear honey ( 1 for dressing, 1 for walnuts)
- 3 large oranges (1 squeezed – could replace with 4 tbsp pure orange juice)
- 1 pink grapefruit
- handful walnuts halves
- pinch of mixed spice powder
- pinch of mild chilli powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- Into a glass jar add the olive oil, salt, pepper, chilli, mixed spice, 1 tbsp honey and juice from one freshly squeezed orange (or 4 tbsp pure orange juice). Screw on jar lid and shake. Store in fridge until serving.
- Cut beetroots into wedges (around the size of orange segments).
- Top and Tail 2 large oranges and 1 pink grapefruit. Slice off the peel cutting down the sides of each fruit. Carefully slice between the citrus fruit segments and remove flesh only ensuring no skin or peel is present.
- Lightly toasts the walnuts halves in a frying pan and then drizzle over them 1 tbsp honey. Remove to cool as soon as honey bubbles.
- Assemble your serving plates/bowls by arranging equal segments of citrus fruits and the orange juice dressing. Lastly add the beetroot wedges, top with honey glazed walnuts and garnish with mint. Serve immediately.