½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoons brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
143g plain flour
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- In a saucepan, add water, brown sugar, salt and butter. Place on medium-high heat. Heat until butter is melted and mixture starts to simmer.
- As soon as it is simmering, whisk in the flour. Whisk until there are no flour lumps and a dough ball has formed.
- using a wooden spoon, stir the dough around you pot and cook it for about a minute on low heat.
- Take it off the heat and set aside.
- In a jug, combine eggs and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Add eggs and vanilla in and mix together until it forms a mash potato consistency.
- Transfer your dough to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Pipe dough into long churros on the parchment-covered baking trays. Leave about 2 inches of space between the churros.
- Bake for around 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in a ziplock bage.
- Toss the churros in, Roll churros in mixture until well covered. It is best to do this when the churros are warm and fresh from the oven as the sugar, salt and cinnamon will stick. ENJOY.